Dream Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seven hero's drawn together by fate and stay tied together by their friendship. Keda with power over Psychic, Savira power over Fire, Medlock power over water, Kathleen power over lightening, Gotro power over earth, Scott power over light and Salvador

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lazy Afternoon

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lazy Afternoon Empty Lazy Afternoon Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:35 am

Cinnamon

Amber
Letter in one hand, a cool glass of juice in the other and warm sun shining on her face, Amber padded out into the shade of her tiny back garden. Curling up beneath the gnarled old oak tree close to the back of her house, she wrinkled her nose up at the thought of her 'garden'; putting up a knee high fence to seperate it from the forest at the edges of Passing Shadows didn't really say 'garden' too her, but it was something at least.

Back pressed to the comforting solidity of the oak tree, she eagerly scanned the letter. Most of it was just her mother rambling on about some of their extended family and friends, and Amber grinned to herself at the wry, exasperated tone of her mother's writing. Every so often large, spiky handwriting interjected, usually with some violent stick figure action, and the young woman started giggling as her mother sent scolding asides to her father, who had obviously been reading (and writing) over Maryet's shoulder. Thinking of her parent's familiar squabbling sent a pang of homesickness shooting through her; she missed the warm, comfortable surroundings of their home, never waking up and leaving her room before 10am (cooking made Dionysus 'frisky') and being able to log onto the interent whenever she wanted.

Looking up into the clear blue sky, Amber shook her head at her own foolishness. She'd wanted something different, it's why she'd come here.. and not even a month in and she was already looking for excuses to go running home! Slurping at her glass of orange juice, Amber mentally scolded herself for being a wuss.

"I'm going to do this,"

She murmured, trying to encourage herself not to give up. Feeling a little silly fort alking to herself out loud, she picked the letter up off of the grass with the intention of finishing it, when a flash of far off red made her tense. Narrowing her eyes, she stared at the dusty track that wound through the outer reaches of Passing Shadows, only relaxing when she pinpointed the flash of colour as that of a bird fluttering around on the hedges that lined the dirt path.

"I was just imagining it."

Amber told herself firmly, only to suddenely shriek in horror when she heard an all too familiar voice from behind her.

2Lazy Afternoon Empty Re: Lazy Afternoon Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:40 am

Cinnamon

Dilandau
"Imagining what, Amber?"

Dilandau arched an eyebrow as the young woman spun around, wondering just what had her so flustered. He'd come over with the intention of asking for some help with his washing (a flimsy excuse to talk to her, not that he'd admit that) but it looked like he'd have to wait for her to calm down first.

Leaning up agaisnt the thick oak tree that the half-draogn had been sitting under, he looked over the mess of her 'garden' with detached interest. She really needed a bigger fence, just about anything could waltz in from the woods and-

Blank faced, Dilandau stared at Amber as his mind stuttered and tried to process what she'd just done.

3Lazy Afternoon Empty Re: Lazy Afternoon Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:53 am

Cinnamon

Amber
"Huzza-wah AH! Dilan! What the hell are you DOING there?!"

Amber yelped, as she scrambled to her feet and away from him. Eyeing off the stoic Knight, she flashed him a scowl and stomped forward. Dammit, this was her backyard, and even if it wasn't much of a fence she still had one! Reaching out, she poked him in the chest and glared up into his stupidly-tall face.

"None of your business, that's what. Why are you here?"

She grumbled, pulling away before he could decide to do something to her finger- like break it, probably.

4Lazy Afternoon Empty Re: Lazy Afternoon Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:55 am

Cinnamon

Dilandau
He knew he should just give up on trying to figure Amber out, but she was like a puzzle that he was determined to solve. Keeping his face calm, and trying not to rub the spot on his chest where she'd poked him, Dilandau shrugged minutely and looked out onto the forest.

"It's... really sunny today."

Gods above he knew how lame that sounded, but what else was he supposed to say? Desperate to keep his cool, he shifted his weight a little and hurriedly added, "Good for washing." But then again, maybe that last part had been a mistake...

5Lazy Afternoon Empty Re: Lazy Afternoon Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 am

Cinnamon

Amber
'Do NOT laugh at the idiot. Even though he really, REALLY deserves it,' Amber chanted in her head as she tried to keep a straight face. From the vaguely uncomfortbale look he was sporting, Dilan knew he'd just put his foot in his mouth in a major way, but was too proud to admit it.

For once, Amber wasn't inclined to mercy.

"Washing? Do you mean your washing? Because I can't possibly se why you would be in MY garden, talking to ME about washing, Dilan... unless you're trying to hint something."

Arms folded over her chest, Amber sent him an arch look and waited to see just how he was going to get himself out of this mess.

6Lazy Afternoon Empty Re: Lazy Afternoon Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:04 am

Cinnamon

Dilandau
Oh boy had he EVER done it now. Back stiff as he fought the instinct to flee, Dilandau turned away, uncomfortable with the weight of Amber's scrutiny. Mind racing, he tried to think of some way to get himself out of the horribly deep pit he'd just dug.

"I'm not..."

He began, only to freeze up at the look of predatory interest on Amber's face. Sending a quick prayer heavenwards, he let a little bit of his uncertainty slip onto his face, as he sent her a hestitant sideways look. He was pretty sure that he did puppy-dog eyes better than Ryuu did, anyway, especially since he didn't do it to get XXX rated results.

"That is, I... It doesn't matter, I can figure it out."

Snapping a cold lid over his emotions, Dilandau abruptly turned away and walked a few steps towards the edge of the 'garden', feeling like a complete idiot. What had he been thinking? That he could lure Amber over with pity? He was a thrice-cursed fool, Dilandau silently swore at himself. After a few hundred years he should have learnt better than this...

7Lazy Afternoon Empty Re: Lazy Afternoon Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:14 am

Cinnamon

Amber
A twinge of guilt shooting through her, Amber hesitantly took a few steps towards the red-haired Knight. She'd only been teasing...'But Captain Ice has a major stick up his butt about asking for help,' She reminded herself. Biting her lip, Amber scuffed at the grass as she tried to think of a way to ease the tension in the air.

"Well... I have some stuff to wash anyway. So go get your crap, and I'll supervise you doing it, because everyone knows that men can't look after themselves."

She knew that was going to earn her a particularily dirty look, but it was better than watching Dilan beat himself up for actually showing some weakness in front of her.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum